A Comprehensive Strategy
Businesses Emergency Safety & Security Management Plan
As a successful business, your team puts a lot of time and effort into developing an annual operating plan — laying out your company’s marketing and advertising strategies, product and distribution plans, information technology integration, competitive counter-measures, etc. Your company’s plan usually includes contingencies, Plan A, Plan B, and so on. You probably have employee policies and procedures. Your company might even have a plan in place to continue operations or recover data if your building loses power.
But what about other critical incidents like public health and pandemic emergencies and workplace violence? Has your company really planned for all contingencies that threaten your people, assets, income, and business continuity?
Nesbitt & Associates customizes strategic plans allowing businesses to develop better emergency preparedness and response plans that address a myriad of threatening situations in less time; train staff on that plan; and provide critical information within your company and to “first responding” public safety groups like the police, fire department, health agencies and more, — ensuring the best and quickest response to your organization’s emergency.
Nesbitt critical incident strategies can help your business to build an integrated, comprehensive plan compliant with National Incident Management System methodology that can include:
- An Integrated Security Assessment, a comprehensive evaluation to assess site, facility, human resources, and existing security measures status and effectiveness, resulting in a step by step security measures implementation plan and security technology recommendations.
- Crisis management response and procedures for all types of critical incidents like intruder, terror, weapons, and violent behavior threat as well pandemic, natural, and accidental disasters, and more
- Preventive programs, procedures, and training for staff, customer, and visitor protection
- Plan development and training by credentialed law enforcement, emergency/crisis management, and safety/danger subject matter experts
- Emergency chain of command, command center checklist, and communications guidelines
- Customizable planning to account for local hazards and resources
- Mapping information and photos, including floor plans, utility shut-offs, access and evacuation routes, emergency staging areas and more
- Electronic and hard copy plan documentation with annual reviews and updates
- A read-only electronic copy of your plan’s critical data for public safety agencies
No Loose Ends
Integrated Security Audit
Security/Safety Review and Analysis for Businesses
Did you know?
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, slips and falls are the third largest cause of workplace injuries, costing roughly $34,000 per incident, and accounting for over one million lost workdays every year.
- As recently as 2005, 70% of employers didn’t have a policy or plan in place to address violence in their workplace
- According to law enforcement professionals, opportunistic assaults and illegal activities are more likely to happen in obscure and poorly seen areas.
- Lack of effective security measures (technology, policies and procedures, etc.) accommodates fraud and theft by those inside and outside your organization?
Emergency preparedness starts with a comprehensive examination of your current situation. Nesbitt & Associates can conduct a fully integrated security audit that includes:
a physical assessment, including pictorial documentation of your facility and grounds, as well as area crime and natural hazards statistics and analysis
- an examination of your current safety and security policies and procedures, including employee manuals
- testing and evaluation of your current security measures, including communication systems
- owner/management/employee perceptions of their environment
When completed, our audit will identify weaknesses and vulnerabilities and make recommendations that will help you to save lives, protect your assets, guard against liability, and improve the morale and performance of your people.
Deter, Protect, and
Video Security Solutions for Businesses
High quality, properly placed and utilized video surveillance can yield a tangible return on investment.
According to the US Department of Justice, reviewing the appropriate and effective use of security technologies in the school workplace, describes the advantages of video cameras as part of a close circuit television system as:
- enhancing peace of mind
- contributing to the overall order and maintenance of a facility
- influencing how the facility is treated by occupants and outsiders
- deterring crime and unwanted behaviors
- identifying perpetrators
- enabling dispatch of assistance at the first sign of distress
- protection from fraudulent liability claims
- freeing up manpower for redeployment to other tasks
With our strategic video technology partners, Nesbitt & Associates provides a resource for law enforcment grade high definition, networkable video surveillance hardware and software engineering that is customizable for the specific needs of nearly every environment and combines it with reliability, service, and training.