The Nebraska Hospital Association has endorsed Nesbitt and Associates to provide security solutions for its members.
Coordinating All the Crucial Elements
Healthcare Facilities Emergency Safety & Security Management Plan
Healthcare facilities, especially large hospitals, are more likely than other kinds of organizations to have public health and pandemic emergency plans in place, security staff, and restricted access.
But how effectively does your healthcare facility communicate and disseminate crucial emergency plan information to all those inside your facility as well as emergency first responders like police and fire departments?
Nesbitt & Associates customizes strategic plans that allows healthcare facilities to develop better emergency preparedness and response plans addressing a myriad of threatening situations in less time; train staff on that plan; and provide critical information within your organization and to “first responding” public safety groups like the police, fire department, health agencies and more, — ensuring the best and quickest response to your emergency.
Nesbitt critical incident strategies can help your organization to build an integrated, comprehensive plan compliant with National Incident Management System methodology that can include:
- An Integrated Security Assessment to assess site, facility, human resources, existing security measures status and effectiveness, resulting in a step by step security measures implementation plan and security technology recommendations.
- Crisis management response and procedures for all types of critical incidents like intruder, terror, weapons, and violent patient behavior threat as well pandemic, natural and accidental disasters, and more
- Preventive programs, procedures, and training for staff and visitor protection
- Plan development and training by credentialed law enforcement, emergency/crisis management, and safety/danger subject matter experts
- Emergency chain of command, command center checklist, and communications guidelines
- Customizable planning to account for local hazards and resources
- Mapping information and photos, including floor plans, utility shut-offs, access and evacuation routes, emergency staging areas and more
- Electronic and hard copy plan documentation with annual reviews and updates
- Read-only electronic copy of your plan’s critical data for public safety agencies
No Loose Ends
Integrated Security Audit
Safety/Security Review and Ananlysis for Healthcare Facilities
Did you know:
- According to a 2006 Bureau of Labor Statistics report regarding violent acts in the workplace, the healthcare sector leads all other industries with 45% of all nonfatal assaults against workers resulting in thousands of lost work days.
- The Emergency Room Nurses Association, in response to their 2009 survey, recommended, “…identify(ing) vulnerabilities in the emergency room anddevelopment of a plan for preventing, mitigating, responding to, and reporting violence.”
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, slips and falls are the third largest cause of workplace injuries, costing roughly $34,000 per incident, and accounting for over one million lost workdays every year.
- According to law enforcement professionals, opportunistic assaults and illegal activities are more likely to happen in obscure and poorly seen areas.
Emergency preparedness starts with a comprehensive examination of your current situation. Nesbitt & Associates can conduct a fully integrated security audit that includes:
- a physical assessment, including pictorial documentation of your facility and grounds, as well as area hazard and crime statistical analysis
- an examination of your current safety and security policies and procedures, including employee manuals
- testing and evaluation of your current security measures, including communication systems
- Administration/staff perceptions of their environment
When completed, our audit will identify weaknesses and vulnerabilities and make recommendations that will help you to save lives, protect your assets and reputation, guard against liability, and improve the morale and performance of your people.
Deter, Protect, and
Video Security Solutions
for Healthcare Facilities
High quality, properly placed and utilized video surveillance can yield a tangible return on investment.
According to the US Department of Justice, reviewing the appropriate and effective use of security technologies in the school workplace, describes the advantages of video cameras as part of a close circuit television system as:
- enhancing peace of mind
- contributing to the overall order and maintenance of a facility
- influencing how the facility is treated by occupants and outsiders
- deterring crime and unwanted behaviors
- identifying perpetrators
- enabling dispatch of assistance at the first sign of distress
- protection from fraudulent liability claims
- freeing up manpower for redeployment to other tasks
With our strategic video technology partners, Nesbitt & Associates provides a resource for law enforcement grade high definition, networkable video surveillance hardware and software engineering that is customizable for the specific needs of nearly every environment and combines it with reliability, service, and training.